PHOENIX – As Arizona Consumer Protection Week wraps up today, Attorney General Mark Brnovich commends the Civil Litigation Division's Consumer Protection and Advocacy Section for securing well over $200 million in restitution and other forms of relief for Arizona consumers since 2015. This amount exceeds the total restitution awards secured by the AG’s Office from 2000-2014 combined.
"Our team has made monumental leaps in securing restitution for Arizona consumers," said Attorney General Mark Brnovich. “I’m proud of this unwavering commitment and our continued success in protecting Arizonans."
Recent restitution recoveries under General Brnovich's Administration include:
- $24 million in APS Settlement
- Approximately 225,000 customers will receive restitution.
- $5 Million Settlement with Honda over defective Takata Airbags
- More than 15,000 Arizona consumers received $100 restitution checks.
- More than 40,000 eligible for incentive gift cards to get recalled airbags replaced.
- $71 Million Agreement with Ticketmaster
- $71,030,000 in ticket refunds for 650 Arizona events that were cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled due to the COVID-19.
- $1.75 Million Settlement with Landmark Home Warranty
- Up to 26,000 Arizona consumers will receive restitution over the company’s alleged misrepresentations related to air conditioning services.
More examples of historic restitution recovered can be found here.
In addition to recovering more than $200 million in consumer restitution, the AGO launched a gift card fraud awareness program with more than 1,000 grocery stories, pharmacies, and convenience stores statewide. The program alerts consumers to STOP and remember that gift cards can never be used to pay a government agency.
In 2020, the AG's Office received nearly 15,000 consumer complaints. If you believe you have been the victim of consumer fraud, you can file a consumer complaint by visiting the Attorney General’s website. If you need a complaint form sent to you, contact the Attorney General’s Office in Phoenix at (602) 542-5763, in Tucson at (520) 628-6648, or outside the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas at (800) 352-8431.