Division: Criminal Division
Position Summary: Please note: Position is open until filled, resumes will be reviewed weekly.
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Criminal Division/Special Investigations Section is seeking a Special Agent. As a Special Agent, the position will:
1. Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, investigative leads, and suspects.
2. Properly collect, process, control, and analyze evidence.
3. Prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct, and detailed written reports to document all aspects of the investigation.
4. Communicate regularly and effectively with prosecutors and provide courtroom/Grand Jury testimony as needed.
5. Be able to physically control a suspect and be prepared and able to use deadly force if necessary.
6. Provide support to other AGO employees and perform administrative tasks as needed.
7. Be safety conscious and use proper work methods by following standard police policies and procedures.
8. Maintain proficiency with a firearm and maintain AZPOST peace officer certification.
9. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
As a Special Agent assigned to Special Investigations Section (SIS), this position will also:
1. Conduct analysis of bank statements, ledgers, financial statements, SEC reports, corporate documents, income tax returns, real estate documents, court records, contracts, and other documents frequently at the center of white collar crimes.
2. Use computer software to conduct analysis of data found on the Internet, personal computers, servers, mobile phones/computers, and other storage devices, including all types of electronic files, emails, text messages, domain registration information, logs, and other technical data frequently encountered during criminal investigations.
3. Prepare search/seizure warrant affidavits and operational plans and coordinate/execute the warrants with other members of the Special Investigation Section.
4. Conduct occasional undercover operations, trash covers, mail covers, surveillance, and other standard law enforcement investigative techniques as needed to advance investigations.