PHOENIX -- Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich applauds the court’s decision to grant a preliminary injunction to stop the federal government from revoking Title 42.
“Today’s ruling is a significant win as Title 42 is one of the few policies that is actually working," said Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich. “I’m grateful to the court for upholding the rule of law and helping maintain some level of sanity as we continue to battle the Biden-made border crisis.”
Title 42 is a public health policy used by both the Trump and Biden administrations to keep diseases out of the United States. Title 42 dates back to the 1940s but has been used since 2020 to help curb the spread of COVID-19. It has prevented over 1.7 million illegal entries into the U.S.
Last month, General Brnovich co-led a lawsuit, Arizona v. CDC, against the Biden administration after it announced its plan to revoke Title 42, arguing the Biden administration did not follow the correct procedures when deciding to end it. Earlier this month, a judge granted a temporary restraining order to keep the policy in place, until a court could rule on the preliminary injunction.
In April 2022, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported there were 96,908 expulsions under Title 42. Without this essential tool in place, our already broken borders will descend further into unmitigated catastrophe as the only remaining safety valve is removed.
Copy of Preliminary Injunction here.
Attorney General Brnovich Border Actions
Attorney General Mark Brnovich is a national leader when it comes to challenging the federal government’s disastrous and illegal policies that are fueling the border crisis. Since last year, he has filed numerous lawsuits to hold the Biden administration accountable, including:
- Arizona et al. v. Garland, et al. (Challenging DHS Fast-Track Asylum System)
- Arizona et al. v. CDC (Challenging revocation of Title 42)
- Arizona et al. v. Biden (Challenging DHS Final Guidance)
- Arizona v. San Francisco (Defending Public Charge Rule)
- Arizona v. Mayorkas, et al. (Challenging Biden administration’s illegal violation relating to cancellation of border wall construction and the Remain in Mexico program)
- Arizona, et al. v. USDHS, et al. (Challenging Interim Guidance)
Read about additional AGO actions here.