(Phoenix, Ariz. – March 31, 2006) Attorney General Terry Goddard will keynote the 2006 Arizona Fair Housing Partnership workshop scheduled for Thursday, April 20, beginning at 9 a.m. The workshop, entitled “Fair Housing in the Real World, An Advanced Legal Seminar,” will be held at the Tempe Public Library, 3500 S. Rural Road in Tempe.
This year’s workshop will feature discrimination vignettes based on Arizona fair housing cases. A panel of government, nonprofit and housing industry representatives will discuss the cases, as well as take comments from the audience.
In addition to Goddard, presenters include:
- Karen Newton, Housing and Urban Development Deputy Secretary for Operations and Management.
- Rebecca Flanagan, HUD Phoenix Office Field Director.
- Dr. Sheila Harris, Director of the Arizona Department of Housing.
- Mike Parham, a rental-housing industry attorney.
- Dave Deneau, Lead Equal Opportunity Specialist, City of Phoenix.
The Arizona Fair Housing Partnership is a statewide coalition of government agencies, housing industry representatives, nonprofit organizations, social service agencies and advocates who support and promote fair housing opportunities.
Space at the workshop is limited, and registrations will not be accepted at the door. Those interested in attending should contact the Arizona Fair Housing Partnership at
(602) 248-7787 for registration information. A copy of the registration form is attached to this press release.