In Arizona, Buying Cigarettes Online Is Illegal
What you should know about buying or selling tobacco online in Arizona:
- Buying cigarettes, rolling tobacco, and most other tobacco* products over the internet is illegal. - See A.R.S. § 36-798.06.
- It is also illegal to buy cigarettes and other restricted tobacco products over the telephone or through a mail order.
- Arizona residents may ONLY buy cigarettes and other restricted tobacco products in person, at a retail store.
- If you order cigarettes or other restricted tobacco products and they are delivered to you (via the mail or a delivery service) you are breaking the law and committing a felony.
- You can be fined and your illegal purchase can be seized and destroyed.
- Online tobacco purchases and mail order tobacco purchases will likely not be delivered. (It is illegal for mail carriers and delivery services to knowingly transport tobacco products.)
- Buying discounted or cheap cigarettes online often violates additional state and federal tax and tobacco laws as well.
*Only cigars and pipe tobacco are exempt.