Filing a Consumer Fraud Complaint

Before filing a consumer complaint with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, there are several pieces of information to collect. 

  • Make a separate list of the things you want to say and separate your feelings from the facts. Present the events in the order in which they happened, using dates whenever possible. 
  • Remember that your complaint should describe the event or practice which was misleading to you and why. 
  • If completing a downloaded copy of the form, print legibly. 
  • Enclose copies of contracts, letters, advertisements, sales slips, proof of payment, warranties, papers or other documents that may support your complaint. KEEP THE ORIGINALS FOR YOUR FILES. 
  • Once your complaint is received, we will send you a letter of acknowledgement with the status of your complaint. 
  • Your complaint will be reviewed for possible violations of the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act to determine if the business or individual has engaged in unlawful activity within our jurisdiction. 
  • With your permission, we will contact the company or individual named in your complaint for their response. 
  • Complaints and investigations with the Office are confidential and cannot be disclosed to the general public. 
  • We are prohibited by law from giving you legal advice, legal opinions or acting as your private attorney, since our role is to represent the State. 
  • If you wish to consult a private attorney, you can locate one by contacting the Lawyer Referral Service, or using the State Bar of Arizona website. 
  • If your claim is less than $10,000, you may be able to file a suit in Justice Court. The Small Claims Court handles claims that do not exceed $2,500.

If you feel you have been the victim of or are aware of consumer fraud, file a consumer complaint using one of the following methods:

  • Submit an online complaint (English or Spanish)
  • Print and email a completed form to [email protected] or fax it to (602)-542-4579
  • Mail or deliver a completed form to either location below:  

    Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Information and Complaints  
    2005 N Central Ave  
    Phoenix, AZ 85004  

    Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Information and Complaints  
    400 W. Congress, South  
    Building, Suite 315  
    Tucson, AZ 85701-1367
  • Call Consumer Information and Complaints for help:  

    (602) 542-5763 in Phoenix  
    (520) 628-6648 in Tucson  
    (800) 352-8431 outside metro Phoenix