As an uncovered employee you serve at the pleasure of the agency director and/or assistant director and can be dismissed at any time without cause or right of appeal. This position is not covered by the Personnel Rules in accordance with Arizona Revised Statute §41-771. Also, as an uncovered employee, the following conditions of employment apply to you:
- Must participate in the Arizona State Retirement System if you work at least five continuous months in a fiscal year and at least twenty hours or more per week;
- Must have state and federal income taxes and FICA(Social Security)withheld from your salary each payday;
- Must sign a loyalty oath;
- Must verify that you are eligible to work in the United States;
- Must verify that you have registered with the Federal Selective Service System, if required to do so;
- Must become familiar and comply with applicable Conflict of Interest Laws.
- Are eligible for time off with pay for holidays if not required to work and provided certain eligibility criteria are satisfied;
- Are covered by Worker’s Compensation for on-the-job accidents or injuries;
- Are eligible to participate in the Arizona Deferred Compensation Program and;
- Are eligible to apply for credit union membership.
Uncovered employees who work 20 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in the State’s health, dental, life and disability income insurance programs.
Uncovered employees are eligible to accrue and use annual and sick leave, as follows:
- Annual leave will be earned at a rate of 5.54 hours per pay period with credited state service of less than 1 year. Annual leave will be earned at a rate of 6.47 hours per pay period with credited state service of 1 year or more. Annual leave accumulated in excess of 320 hours as of the end of each calendar year shall be forfeited, unless an exception is authorized by the Director of the Arizona Department of Administration.
- Sick Leave: Sick leave for uncovered employees shall be earned at the rate of 3.70 hours per pay period, and the amount of leave carried over from year to year shall be unlimited.
APPEAL OF ADVERSE ACTIONS TO STATE PERSONNEL BOARD
Uncovered employees do not have the right of appeal if dismissed or suspended.
I have received, read, understand and agree to abide by these conditions of employment and benefits associated with my status as an uncovered employee. I understand that this list is not inclusive and that my conditions of employment also include compliance with the regulations and operating procedures of the agency by which I am employed.