Division: Criminal Division
Position Summary: The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Criminal Division, Special Investigations Section is seeking a Special Agent to be assigned to the Tucson office.
As a Special Agent, the position will:
1. Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, investigative leads, and suspects.
2. Properly identify/locate, collect, process, control, and analyze/interpret evidence.
3. Prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct, and detailed factual reports to accurately document all aspects of the investigations.
4. Communicate regularly and effectively with prosecutors and provide courtroom/Grand Jury testimony as needed.
5. Be able to physically control a suspect and be prepared and able to use deadly force if necessary.
6. Provide support to other AGO employees and perform administrative tasks as necessary/required.
7. Be safety conscious and use proper work methods by following standard police policies and procedures, and in keeping with current training methodology.
8. Maintain required proficiency with a firearm and maintain current AZPOST Peace Officer certification in good standing.
9. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
10. Remain current on the investigative tools, techniques and equipment used by law enforcement.