Division: Criminal Division
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Criminal Division/Special Investigations Section is seeking a Special Agent. The position will be assigned to Health Care Fraud (HCFA) Section. As a Special Agent, the position will coordinate closely with supervisors and prosecutors to:
1. Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, investigative leads, and suspects.
2. Properly collect, process, control, and analyze evidence.
3. Prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct, and detailed written reports to document all aspects of the investigation.
4. Communicate regularly and effectively with prosecutors and provide courtroom/Grand Jury testimony as needed.
5. Be able to physically control a suspect and be prepared and able to use deadly force if necessary.
6. Provide support to other AGO employees and perform administrative tasks as needed.
7. Be safety conscious and use proper work methods by following standard police policies and procedures.
8. Maintain proficiency with a firearm and maintain AZPOST peace officer certification.
9. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
As a Special Agent assigned to HCFA, the position will also:
1. Conduct analysis of patient health care records, health insurance records, AHCCCS Administration generated documents, records maintained by government licensing agencies, bank records, and other financial records.
2. Use computer software to create spreadsheets that organize data acquired during the course of investigations.
3. Prepare search/seizure warrant affidavits and operational plans and coordinate/execute the warrants with other members of the Special Investigations Section.
4. Conduct occasional undercover operations, trash covers, mail covers, surveillance, and other standard law enforcement investigative techniques as needed to advance investigations.