Division: Criminal Division
Position Summary: Please note: The positions will be open until filled; resumes will be reviewed weekly. Positions are part-time at 0.75 FTE (30-39.99 hours per week)
The position will work as a Case Agent Assistant (non certified) and will report directly to the Major Fraud Unit 2 Supervisor. As a Case Agent Assistant, the position will:
1. Receive, evaluate, and document all incoming complaints as the first point of contact.
2. Conduct interviews (telephonic, in-house personal, or via office software); research the nature and scope of the allegations
3. Prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct, and detailed departmental reports to document all aspects of the complaint(s).
4. Refer complaints to the appropriate department or organization
5. Present incoming complaints and summary reports to the Major Fraud Unit Supervisors and the Case Review Committee
6. Utilizes various types of software and investigative tools and provides Special Agents and Assistant Attorney Generals with analytical research for skip trace, identity, and location of case-related persons
7. Assists case agents and AAG's as is appropriate within the scope and nature of the position and authorities
8. May be called upon to testify in court based upon their roles as first point of contact
9. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
10. Other duties as assigned
The position must also:
1. Provide support to other AGO employees and perform administrative tasks as needed.
2. Be safety conscious and use proper work methods by following standard police policies and procedures.