Arizona Attorney General

Mark Brnovich



What If I Am Not Sure There Is Elder Abuse Or Neglect?

It is better to be safe than sorry. The first thing you can do is to reach out to that person and let them know you want to help them. You then need to report the abuse or neglect to the agencies and authorities that can help the victim.

The professional staff at Adult Protective Services (APS) can determine if what you suspect is elder abuse or neglect is in fact elder abuse and neglect. It is not about interfering in another person’s life. It is about helping someone who may be in desperate need of help. That help is just a phone call away, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.