Arizona Attorney General

Mark Brnovich



What To Do If The Person, Whom You Believe Is Being Abused, Refuses To Talk Or Acknowledge The Abuse?

If you believe a person is being abused, neglected, or exploited and they refuse to acknowledge or report it, the best thing you can do is report your suspicions to the proper authorities.

Many times people are too ashamed or are frightened of what will happen if people become aware of the abuse and therefore, do not feel comfortable talking about their situation. You cannot make that person talk, nor should you try. Again, the best thing to do is report the abuse to APS and allow the professionals to look into the case.